Rated on TripAdvisor.com
***EXCLUSIVE CIVIL RIGHTS MEETS FILM HERITAGE TOUR***
April 7th, 10am – 4pm, $85/person
includes lunch, Wren’s Nest tour and a donation towards
Oakland Cemetery’s African American Burial Grounds restoration fund
This tour takes you from the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement in Atlanta through to the current African-American filming happening all over town. The newly unveiled U.S. Civil Rights Trail locations will be mixed in with our Atlanta Heritage Tour, including an exclusive tour of the Wren’s Nest, iconic lunch break, and private Oakland Cemetery African American Grounds Tour. You will see sites of Civil Rights leaders, pioneers of black history, and more with filming locations from Hidden Figures, Selma, Son of Shaft, Marvel’s Black Panther and more! Tour price is inclusive of lunch and a donation to help restore the African American Grounds at Oakland. THERE ARE A LIMITED NUMBER OF SEATS SO BOOK NOW!
Regularly scheduled Atlanta Heritage Tour runs each Saturday at 1:30pm starting in March
Discover Atlanta’s Legacy in Heritage and Film with this remarkable 3 hour introduction to the rich culture that Atlanta has to offer! Experience civil rights landmarks, learn about Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr’s Eternal Flame, explore the Sweet Auburn Historic District, roll through the center of African American life in Atlanta prior to the civil rights movement all while getting to meet the newer side of Atlanta from Donald Glover’s Atlanta, Marvel’s Black Panther, Madea’s house, Ride Along, Selma, and much more!
- 3 hours with a guide straight from the set, $55/person, starts from our shop in Castleberry Hill in Downtown Atlanta, 327 Nelson St SW, Atlanta, GA 30313
- See the birth home and last Atlanta residence of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as well as the Eternal Flame and King Center
- Tons of African-American filming locations from award-winning t.v. shows to current Academy Award-nominated films and more!
- See NASA up close from Hidden Figures
- Take a picture at Tyler Perry’s Madea House
- Roll through one of the most influential African-American colleges in history
- Sit in the church and hear stories from where Dr. MLK Jr. gave his first and last sermon in Atlanta
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please note at the time of booking and we will make every effort to accommodate.