With over 1,200 movies and television shows filmed here in Atlanta, this tour is packed with tons of locations, clips and behind-the-scenes stories for TV and movie fans of all kinds!
**THIS TOUR IS RESERVED FOR GROUP/PRIVATE TOURS OF 4+ PEOPLE**
(click here to access the Custom & Private Group Tour page to fill out a form)
Starting Location: Atlanta Movie Tours HQ, 327 Nelson St SW, Atlanta, GA 30313
Duration: 3 hour bus tour w/ various step-offs
Inclusions: Clips, trivia, group photo and more!
Check-In: You must check in 30 minutes before your scheduled tour or you may forfeit your ticket(s)
- $54.95 $44.95
- Child (Under 16)
- $44.95 $39.95
Discover the city’s African American Heritage with an Atlanta Movie Tour
Taking you from the beginning of the Civil Rights Movement in Atlanta through to the current African American filming happening all over town, our Atlanta Heritage Tour showcases beautiful examples of changes throughout time. The newly unveiled U.S. Civil Rights Trail locations combine with our Atlanta Heritage Tour, including an exclusive tour of the Wren’s Nest, lunch break in the historic Auburn District, and a private Oakland Cemetery African American Grounds tour.
Discover Atlanta’s history and significance in film with this educational three-hour tour, exploring the fascinating culture that Atlanta has to offer! Experience civil rights landmarks, learn about Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.’s Eternal Flame, explore the Sweet Auburn Historic District, roll through the center of African American life in Atlanta prior to the Civil Rights Movement all while getting to meet the newer side of Atlanta from Donald Glover’s Atlanta, Marvel’s Black Panther, the Madea house, Ride Along, Selma, Son of Shaft, and much more!
- See the birth home and last Atlanta residence of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. as well as the Eternal Flame and King Center
- Tons of African American filming locations from award-winning TV shows to current Academy Award-nominated films and more!
- See NASA up close from Oscar-nominated Hidden Figures
- Take a picture at Tyler Perry’s Madea house
- Visit one of the most influential African American colleges in history
- Stand in the same spot as Marvel’s Black Panther (the first superhero movie ever nominated for an Academy Award for Best Picture)
- Sit in the church and hear stories from where Dr. MLK Jr. gave his first and last sermon in Atlanta